Friday, October 21, 2011

Worth

Lately. . .
Lately I've been thinking. . .
Thinking too much of what I'm not. . .
And what I don't have. . .
Maybe. . .
Maybe I'm not important. . .
Maybe nobody cares. . .
Cares if I died in a accident. . .
Thinking. . .
She is more beautiful then me. . .
She is all together better. . .
Thinking. . .
She dances better. . .
She sings better. . .
Everybody loves her more. . .
Thinking. . .
I'm not good. . .
I'm not worth time. . .
I'm nothing. . .
But then I see. . .
See my family. . .
See my friends. . .
See the amazing church leaders. . .
And remember. . .
Christ loves me. . .
And that is worth a lot. . .
I am worth a lot. . .

1 comment:

  1. Faithy, I couldn't just read and fly. This post was obviously heart felt and sincere. I was stirred so I wanted to share. I think we all think those thoughts from time to time especially at your age. So I read your poem and scrolled down to the picture and thought what a blessing you have been to our family and how beautiful you are and how neat it was to have you dance for us and. . . stuff like that. Then I scrolled a little further not realizing there was more to the poem. Your last line almost made me cry. Because it's true, and it's true for all of us. If only we could see ourselves the way our parents and friends see us, but to see us the way Christ sees us is to see our eternal worth which is worth "a lot."

    ReplyDelete